Welcome to week 7 of our new series Fit for 18 Holes
! With my golf fitness classes you can improve your golf game and increase your fitness level! For this series we are using a weighted club for the dynamic warm up, a regular iron, driver or golf cart for the on course exercises.
When you incorporate these exercises while playing, you improve flexibility and decrease the risk of injury associated with your golf swing. The weighted club can be purchased in the Pro Shop
. If you are just joining us, see week 1
to catch up!Take these simple steps before beginning:
Here are the benefits you can receive from this series:
- Step 1: Do a dynamic warm up with the weighted club before the practice range.
- Step 2: Continue the flexibility exercises starting at the tee box of the 2nd hole while you await your turn to tee off. You will have 2 exercises for every other tee box or you can choose to do one exercise for every tee box.
- Step 3: Each week you will have a new exercise. This is a progressive workout which means that every week you will have a new exercise to perform along with the exercise from weeks prior. Execute each stretch to a comfortable position and hold for 20-30 seconds.
- Step 4: Perform the exercise upon approaching the next tee box to stay flexible and injury free for maximum results!
- Improve balance
- Increase flexibility
- Improve coordination
- Strengthen core muscles: abdominal, mid and lower back muscles
Increase core strength, balance and power behind the ball. BOSU® Balance Trainer helps to strengthen and coordinate your body including the muscles that you don't see. BOSU® Balance Trainer targets the core muscles of your body-those muscles around your abdominal and back area.Let's Get Started!CLUBTakeaway Shoulder Stretch
Place your feet slightly apart and place your club to one side with the clubhead facing you to prevent the club from slipping away from you. Reaching across your body, hold the club with your takeaway arm. Bend the knees slightly, flex the abdomen and slowly bend at the waist creating the stretch in the takeaway shoulder. Hold for 20-30 seconds.
CARTTakeaway Shoulder Stretch
Stand in front of your cart with your feet together. Reach across your torso with your takeaway arm and grab hold of the canopy support. Place the opposite hand atop the cart roof. Bend the knees slightly, flex the abdomen and slowly bend at the waist creating the stretch in the takeaway shoulder. Hold for 20-30 seconds.