Welcome to week 9 of our new series Fit for 18 Holes
! With my golf fitness classes you can improve your golf game and increase your fitness level! For this series we are using a weighted club for the dynamic warm up, a regular iron, driver or golf cart for the on course exercises.
When you incorporate these exercises while playing, you improve flexibility and decrease the risk of injury associated with your golf swing. The weighted club can be purchased in the Pro Shop
. If you are just joining us, see week 1
to catch up!Take these simple steps before beginning:
Here are the benefits you can receive from this series:
- Step 1: Do a dynamic warm up with the weighted club before the practice range.
- Step 2: Continue the flexibility exercises starting at the tee box of the 2nd hole while you await your turn to tee off. You will have 2 exercises for every other tee box or you can choose to do one exercise for every tee box.
- Step 3: Each week you will have a new exercise. This is a progressive workout which means that every week you will have a new exercise to perform along with the exercise from weeks prior. Execute each stretch to a comfortable position and hold for 20-30 seconds.
- Step 4: Perform the exercise upon approaching the next tee box to stay flexible and injury free for maximum results!
- Improve balance
- Increase flexibility
- Improve coordination
- Strengthen core muscles: abdominal, mid and lower back muscles
Increase core strength, balance and power behind the ball. BOSU® Balance Trainer helps to strengthen and coordinate your body including the muscles that you don't see. BOSU® Balance Trainer targets the core muscles of your body-those muscles around your abdominal and back area.Let's Get Started!CLUBHamstring Stretch
Stand with your club in front club face towards you and hand atop the club. Having the club face towards you prevents the club from slipping away from you as you do this exercise. Take one foot back and place both feet firm. Bent the knee of the back leg and slowly sit back as though you were sitting in a chair and raise the toe of the front foot in a flex position to engage the hamstring. Hold for 20-30 seconds. Slowly return to the start position and repeat to the opposite side.
Stand in front of the cart with your feet slightly apart and you hands on the front of the cart. Bending at the waist, slowly lower your torso until you have a flat back to create a stretch in the hamstrings. Remember to keep your knees slightly bent. Hold for 20-30 seconds. Slowly return to an upright position.